AMC Rebel Machine

The Home of the AMC Rebel Machine
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to amcrebelmachine

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Ebay Machine
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:52 am 

Anybody have any information about the red/white/blue Machine currently on Ebay? Owner states car was originally blue. Item shows Street, Md., but there is no city named Street in Maryland. Checked the registry but not listed.

Post subject: Re: Ebay Machine
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:11 pm 

Sorry, I don't know the car.

Roger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 pm 

I know this car quite well, actually was going to buy it two years ago this December, bought a different one instead. It was a commodore blue car originally. He bought it from Duffy's as a RWB, wasn't told it wasn't an original. Wheel lips on rear were rolled at some point. Motor ran well and it shifted well but had a lot of blow by, containing a good amount of moisture. Truely looks to have little rust, don't recall what I found but it was minor. I think it had an undercoated engine bay, I hate that! Interior was ok. Wheels were good as were caps. No power steering. Oil leaks in various places. I tried to buy it for $15k because I had a true RWB that I "thought" needed less work that I could buy for $17k. He turned it down, think he was at $18k if I recall. I think it's worth that, not much if any more. If I didn't cover it just ask, getting older every day and forgettin stuff by the minute (thats why I wouldn't put off restoring a Machine any longer).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:40 am 

Thank goodness for you guys! It's funny, but you can't ask the seller a question. Keeps saying that there is no answer and to recheck the ad. What do you mean by the rear wheel lips were rolled? Also, the blow-by has moisture, is it blowing white smoke? Possible crack in the block? First ad the car reached $18,000.00 and did not sell. Car is relisted with a B.I.N. of $25,000.00.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:19 am 

No smoke out the back, just a lot of steam coming out of the oil fill tube and into the air cleaner housing. The oil residue was white on the top of the oil cap and actually dripping water. This could mean nothing, could be caused from high moisture in the motor from sitting and not being used or could be coolant leaking into the combustion chambers somewhere. I would fiquere a tear down and inspect on the motor, it has to come out for "cleaning up" the engine bay anyways. The rear wheel lips were rolled in for clearance for larger tires, most likely drag raceced and slicks were used. It was done well and I only noticad it when inspecting the area for rust. It had a "Buy it now" the first time also, that was his asking price when I looked at it, he said that was what he paid for it plus shipping and what ever he has done to it (which wasn't much) since he has owned it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:23 pm 

70amcpwr wrote:
...........getting older every day and forgettin stuff by the minute (thats why I wouldn't put off restoring a Machine any longer).

Boy, oh boy. First the man throws the gauntlet down and now he picks it up and slaps me with it. :D :D

Roger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:11 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMC-Rebe ... 2a213e9a45

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:22 am 

Was wondering why the link to the car on Ebay?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:34 am 

6PakBee wrote:
70amcpwr wrote:
...........getting older every day and forgettin stuff by the minute (thats why I wouldn't put off restoring a Machine any longer).

Boy, oh boy. First the man throws the gauntlet down and now he picks it up and slaps me with it. :D :D

Roger

Motivation my man, just motivation(Ok, and some truth!). ;)